Adenine was first mentioned briefly during the events of Hence These Tears when Francesca comments that she and John dated prior to Alisson. The reasons for their breakup aren't explored but they seem to have a close friendship at the end of Salvation. She further expresses concern that the course of action they are taking will force Cryter's hand and ultimately endanger his family.
Adenine's awareness of specific events she was not present for hint at the existance of a larger, far more complex organization that hs been working behind the scenes since prior to the events of the Pilot episode. Following John's return from Chicago, she informs him that Robin suffered a breakdown of sorts and burned the diary pages Mattie was keeping hidden. Her concern is that without those pages it will be nearly impossible to discover the whereabouts of Westryn's daughter.
- in biology, Adenine is one of the two purine nucleobases (the other being guanine) used in forming nucleotides of the nucleic acids. It is also a primary component in one of the main enzimes responsible for celular metabolism, adenosine triphosphate.
- Adenosine Triphosphate is typically abreviated ATP, which makes her name something of a biology joke.
- Adenine is also the name of a scripting language developed for a number of research projects at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Talitha is aramaic for "Little Maid" and it appeared previously as the title of the episode "Talitha Cumi"
- John's response to Adenine's comment that she's "madly in love with [his] sister" (I don't believe you've ever met my sister) mirror's a similar exchange in Hence These Tears:
Francesca: I really liked her, what was her name again? John: Adenine. And you never met her.